A Little More About Me
- I am the first person in my family to attend and graduate from university and from graduate school.
- I am an adventure seeker and love to travel, often incorporating a lot of activity into vacations such as hiking, biking, and am always up for trying new activities. I celebrated by 50th birthday climbing Mount Kilimanjaro, the highest peak in Africa (19,341 feet).
- My husband, Colin and I have a blended family – I have two sons and one daughter, he has two daughters and one. son; we love spending time with our kids.
- I enjoy live music and love to attend concerts in small venues with my husband and kids.
- I am a bit of a foodie and like to discover new chefs and restaurants when I travel and like to try ethnic cuisines.
- I was recruited by Dr. David Niederee (Founder of FMC) as a resident physician and have worked here since completing my residency in 1997.
Why I Practice Medicine
- I was pretty naive when making my initial decision to pursue a career in medicine, and my simple reason was that I believed that a person’s health was their most important asset. I still believe that, and it is my mission to help people live their best lives, starting with their health.
- High School: McPherson High School (McPherson, KS)
- Undergraduate: University of Kansas
- Medical School: University of Kansas School of Medicine
- Residency: Via Christi Family Medicine (Wichita, KS)
Affiliations and Certifications
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American Board of Family Physicians
- Kansas Medical Society
- Medical Society of Sedgwick County
- Licensed Medical Doctor in the state of Kansas/Board Certified
- See “A Little More About Me”